Ten people being conned
It has been said that there are ten people who are being conned:
- He who is convinced that Allāh is his creator but does not worship Him.
- He who is convinced that Allāh is his provider but is not content with Him.
- He who knows that this world is temporary but still relies upon it.
- He who knows his heirs are his enemies but still gathers Dunya for them.
- He who knows that death is coming but does not prepare for it.
- He who is convinced that the grave is his destination but does not decorate it.
- He who is convinced that he will be held to account but does not correct his tally.
- He who is convinced that he will have to cross the bridge but does not lighten his load of sins.
- He who is convinced that Hell is the place for evil doers but does not flee from it.
- He who is convinced that Paradise is the place of comfort but does no good deeds for it.
(Taken from Ruh ul Biyān; this is an excerpt from our forthcoming publication ‘Islamic Insights: Counsels for our Time’ expected early 2019)